August 04, 2015 04:07 PM PDT
For all Suncebeat family who are flexing the this time last week vibe, I complied this little selection in the hope that it will bring back happy memories and will make you smile.
Until we all meet again under the gaze of the Tisno sunshine, keep the spirit of Suncebeat close to your heart.
1. Skye - Ain't No Need
2. Roy Ayers - Third Eye
3. Andrew Ashong - Special
4. Brand New Heavies - Dream Come True
5. Sandra Barber - I'll keep On Stepping (Opolopo remix)
6. Rhemi Ft Hanlei - Diamonds
7. Funkadelic - Ain't That Funkin Kinda Hard On You (Louie Vega Trumpet Mix)
8. Lay-Far - Can't Deny
9. Rainer Truby - To Know You
10. MCDE - Send A Prayer Part 1
11. Onsunlade - Envision
12. Kid Fonque & Zaki Ibrahim - 2Sides
13. Paperclip People - Throw
March 22, 2015 08:47 AM PDT
Back in October 2014, the organisers of Southport weekender brought Southport back home to it's original humble beginnings at the Pointins site.
I made it my mission to interview and record as many of the SPW family, in celebration of our 50th anniversary. My aim was for people to share their first time and most cherished memories of the Southport Weekender.
Since starting out on my mission, the recording of people's stories was the easy part, but editing and putting it all to music was quite a different kettle of fish. I had to learn how to use the audacity program from scratch!
So please excuse the all the ambient sounds in the background,and the imperfections. All the stories were recorded live from the event as it was happening.
I've been holding on to this project for months, I was uncertain whether the finished product was good enough to share with my beloved Southport family. That is until I received the news on Wednesday 20th March that would no doubt change not only my life but the lives of those around me, when I heard that this years Southport Weekender would be the last.
I wasn't prepared for the overwhelming since of loss, I felt bereft. Hearing the news was like losing a dear friend. Selfishly I could only think of life never being quite the same again, and that there could be nothing to fill the hole that it left behind.
For Alex Lowes, Dave Gardner and the team to come to this decision must have been heart breaking for them.
But I can not dwell on the sadness or sense of loss, when belonging to the worlds most friendliest music event has brought me and many others so much joy. Nothing can take away our memories, or the life long friendships and experiences that we all shared together.
We belong to a unique community, fueled by our passion for music and togetherness which has ultimately changed our lives for the better.
Remember there is no Southport without you, us or them. With every dance move we ever made, when we wiped the tears of happiness from our eyes, from the collective call of 'Good Morning campers', the infamous chalet parties, the mind blowing performances, our pride as we display our collection of SPW lanyards, the intensity of the build up as the event approaches. We have all be touched by the magic and it has left it's mark like indelible ink right across our hearts. This isn't the end it's just the beginning of a brand new chapter in our lives.
Lastly I want to thank all the amazing people who contributed to this podcast and to everyone single one of the SPW family for having such a profound affect on my life. I hope by listening to this podcast it makes you smile and to bring back your own special memories.
Special thanks to
Corina & friend, the brilliant Antony Elson, Susie, Steve Smith, Rebecca Wann & Champs, Simon Schooly Philips, Fitzroy Da Buzzboy, Siobhan & Tracey, Adeva, Marcia Carr, Jean Carne, Rob Lawrence, The Beast, Annie & Alan Kenny Arscott from Mucho Soul, Mike Dirguid, John Stewart, (my soul sista Jan Whalley, Peter Borg, William Loonen
Thanks to Colin Williams for the image.
1. George Benson - You can do it baby
2.Cheryl Lynn - Got to be real
3. Masters At Work - To be in love
4. Armand Van Heldon - You don't know me (instrumental)
5.Sounds of Blackness - I'm going all the way
6. Maze - Twilight
7. Nu Colours - Greater Love
8. The Rebirth = This journey in
9.Jean Carne - Was that all it was
10.Omar - Dancing (Zed Bias remix)
11. Roy Ayers - Liquid Love
12. Kerri Chandler - Rain
13. Louie Vega - Cerca De Mi (instrumental)
14. Gregory Porter - On the way to Harlem
September 02, 2014 12:30 PM PDT
Kindred Spirit House represents the best of the underground dance scene. I have compiled a selection of Afro inspired Deepness that showcases the imagination & diversity of the scene.
1. Winter Paradise - Stony Browder JnR
2. Drowning - DJ Fale Yoruba remix
3. Quietly Sexy - Beyond Tone ft Ceri Trinidadiandeep remix
4. Soweto Child - DJ Fale
5. Here to stay - Atjazz & Julian Gomes ft Zano
6. To know you - Rainer Truby
7. Ding Ding - Omar
8. True 2 Da Underground - Shaun Ashby
9. Now there is we - Jazzanova ft Paul Randolph
10. Face The Fire ft The Rebirth - Joey Negro Rainer & Truby remix
June 05, 2014 04:59 PM PDT
More tales from the beach. Continuing with my adventures in Ibiza. The next mix contains a selection of Down Beat, Nu Jazz and Bossa Nova inspired delights.
Orisa - Gilles Peterson Havana Cultura
Le Monde - Thievery Corporation
So Com Voce - Thievery Corporation
Song For Sophia - Magic Number
Private Sunshine - Ashley Slater
This Is What You Are -Mario Bondi
Take Off -Marco Di Marco & Nathan Haines
Still In Love - Shuya Okino
Cosmic Echoes - Mark De Clive Lowe
I can See The Future - Incognito
Look Inside - 4Hero
I Am The Black Gold Of The Sun - Nuyorican Soul
Free As The Morning Sun - Carlos Santana
May 06, 2014 01:32 AM PDT
Picture the scene. Looking out across the shimmering Balearic coastline; set against the backdrop of the clear turquoise skies, where the golden sun takes centre stage. My first time in Ibiza, my first DJ experience. This compilation contains a selection of the tracks that became the sound track to my Ibiza adventures. Expect the unexpected. Sit back,relax and feel the warmth from the sun upon your faces.
1. Henry Manchini - Lujon
2. Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
3. Quincy Jones - Killer Joe
4. Kinobe - Slip into Something Comfortable
5. Quincy Jones - Along Came Betty
6. Pleasure - Thoughts of An Old Flame
7. Ramp - Daylight
8. Love Unlimited - Move Me No Moutain
9. Donny Hathaway - Memory Of Our Love
10. Odyssey - Our Lives Are Shaped
11. Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine
12. Omar - There's Nothing Like This
13. Jamiroquai - Blow Your Mind